Mission: The mission of the Dragonfly Fund is to improve access to assisted reproductive technologies, specifically in vitro fertilization for eligible individuals and couples. The fund aims to provide grants to help defray the financial burdens of such treatments. If you are interested in donating to this fund go to the BJC Foundation Give Now page to donate electronically. Make sure under “Area of Support” you select “Other” and write “Dragonfly fund” in the comment section.
Grants will be awarded annually and the amount of the grants and the total number of grants awarded each year will be dependent upon fundraising. Grant awards may not exceed $10,000 per recipient. Past procedures and reimbursement for previously incurred expenses are not eligible for Grants.
Grant recipients may also be eligible for IVF medications* up to $5,000 in value by our industry partners. *As inventory allows.
Grants up to $10,000 will be awarded to individuals who need financial assistance to aid with services associated with IVF only. Please note that financial grants can only be used with WASHU/BJC Fertility and Reproductive Medicine services.
- All grants are to be used solely towards future costs/services.
- Disbursements will be made directly to WASHU and/or BJC to cover eligible expenses, not the patient.
- Grant funds must be utilized with 12 months of award date.
- Grants may not be used to reimburse any patient, clinic or other provider, entity or individual for services that have already been performed, or loans that have already been secured.
Eligible expenses (see FAQ page for more details):
- All WASHU and BJC related professional fees associated with a self pay IVF cycle, including ovulation monitoring, egg retrieval, lab services (oocyte ID, ICSI, embryo prep), and embryo transfer.
- Excluded expenses
- Anesthesia fees
- Cryostorage fees
Eligibility: (see FAQ page for more details)
- Current patient of WASHU/BJC Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center
- Annual household income < $140,000
- Diagnosis of infertility and/or miscarriage
- Patients must meet the following criteria
- Age < 41 by January, 2021
- BMI <41
- Cycle day 2-5 FSH < 15
- AMH > 0.5
Commitments on behalf of the patient:
We do require grant recipients be willing to share their story via Facebook, Instagram, our web page and or the BJH Foundation. We will be respectful of your privacy to the degree that you are comfortable, but we do publish our success stories to inspire others to donate.
Please send the following:
- Personal statement
This is the best way to let the selection committee get to know who you are and why you should receive a grant. It is a large part of the scoring process and is a great way to increase your chances of getting a grant. Videos are acceptable but must be limited to <5 minutes.
- Physician Comment
Since the grant is for current patients, your physician may be asked to comment on your personal statement. Applicants should let his/her physician know they are submitting a personal statement. No written letter or formal statement of support from your physician is required.
- Relevant history, labs and imaging*
Since Dragonfly Grants are only available to current patients, who have undergone a workup or treatment, candidates should have had much of this testing already done. If these tests are not done within the last 2 years, your personal statement will be ranked lower.
- Day 3 FSH, Estradiol
- HSG or sonohyst
- Semen analysis or IUI prep
Check back on 1/2021 for information about the next DragonFly Grant cycle.
- Video submissions must be no more than 5 minutes. Video applicants should link their video via youtube or some other file sharing service and send the video URL.
- Written applications must be no more than one page. Please send written personal statements as a PDF.
- 1040 Tax form should be from 2019.*
*Please note that sending an email to the above address will be received unencrypted. If you prefer, you may fax these documents: “ATTN Dragonfly Fund” to fax # 314-286-2455 or hand deliver them yourself to our Central West End location at 4444 Forest Park Ave, Suite 3100.
Winner(s) will be announced during the week of National Infertility Awareness Week. All decisions are final. Please submit all questions about the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff will not be able to answer all inquiries.