It is important to realize that you are not alone. Infertility is more common than people realize. About 1 in 6 couples of all ages is affected by some type of fertility issue. Almost one-third of couples over the age of 35 need some assistance conceiving. Furthermore, there is a male factor contributing to the cause in up to 50% of couples who present for treatment.
Whatever the cause, our specialists have the expertise necessary to diagnose and treat infertility in an environment that is convenient, supportive, private, and professional. This is a time when you want to choose a team that not only leads the way in reproductive medicine in the region, but also contributes to the latest knowledge in the field. This is where experience counts.
When to see a fertility specialist
Seek a fertility specialist if you are:
- Under 35 years of age and have been unable to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse
- Over 35 and have been unable to get pregnant after six months of unprotected intercourse
- Experiencing irregular, painful menses regardless of age
And / or if:
- You have undergone medical treatments known to compromise fertility such as chemotherapy, or if you have undergone extensive pelvic surgery
- You’re interested in fertility preservation/egg freezing
- Your male partner may have abnormal sperm
- You have miscarried more than twice in a row
These are just some of the reasons that people seek out a fertility specialist. We also help manage PCOS, endometriosis, and hormone therapy for the perimenopausal woman.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Washington University fertility specialist, please call our office or request an appointment online.
314-286-2400 OPTION 3