Planning Your Visit
In our practice, you will find a team of caring and experienced physicians, nurses and staff.
Our team is dedicated to providing you personalized attention for the treatment you need to reach your ultimate goal of parenthood.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Washington University fertility specialist, please call our office or request an appointment online.
Before you arrive
Plan to spend at least 90 minutes on your first visit to the center. Our physicians and nurses are very thorough and do not want to rush their patients.
Being prepared will make your visit run smoothly. Make sure you have the following:
- Physician Referral: A referral may be required by your insurance provider.
- Insurance Card
- Medical Forms: You can download and complete forms prior to your visit, then mail or fax them to 314-286-2455 ATTN to your scheduled physician.
- Medical Records: Sending your records in advance will move the process along and enable you to bypass duplicating tests. Specifically:
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG) Images. Many times the referring physician will only have the report. We like to look at the actual images from the x-ray. Contact the imaging center or hospital radiology department where this study was performed and have the images placed on a CD. You may have them mail the CD to our center ATTN: to your scheduled MD OR you can bring the CD with you.
- Semen analysis results
- IVF flowsheets and embryology datasheets from prior IVF cycles if applicable.
- Parking Sticker: We will contact you about a permit to park after you schedule your appointment.
We recommend that you start a simple file folder (provided at your visit) for your medical information. It will allow easy accessibility to all of your medical records and testing.
Upon your arrival
When coming to our office for your first visit, you will find convenient parking in a free surface lot. Our two Missouri offices are located in the Central West End and in West County at Missouri Baptist Medical Center, Building D. Our newest location is located in Shiloh, IL at Memorial Hospital East Medical Building.
Upon your arrival at either location, you will be greeted by our receptionist. She will make a copy of your insurance card and collect the medical history forms that you completed. You should be prepared to complete additional forms, if applicable.
After your name is called, you will go to a clinic area for weight and blood pressure measurement.
A typical visit
Once in a consultation room, the physician will take an extensive medical history.
Some patients will have a physical exam and/or blood drawn to determine hormone levels. At this time, the doctor may order follow-up tests, including a pelvic ultrasound, semen analysis, hysterosalpingogram (to check tubal patency). Results are usually returned within 10 days.
During the first visit, the doctor will discuss with you and your partner options related to both fertility testing and treatment, particularly if the problem has been identified.